Wednesday, August 3, 2011

In the interior of a Santhaal village

The area I am staying at is an interior Santhaal village in Santiniketan.
I have been given a residence to stay for 3 months which used to be the house of famous artist Somnath Hore......I am practically living here without internet.....and electricity here goes off in every 4 hours.....and it gets dark and extremely shady after 7 in the evening....and if it rains, fear of chances of frog, snake and all sorts of reptiles and insects coming and visiting me are there........ all together its a new and thrilling and scary experience.....I am panicking a bit because first of all I am trying to cope with the situation and doing my work......but I hardly can upload any image on the blog or update it on a daily basis because of the super slow internet connection at my place.....each and every time either I have to sit on cyber cafe or the university computer lab. So the process is going a bit slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment