Thursday, August 25, 2011

Project took a new direction!

The scenario of my diploma project suddenly turned upside down!

The Client suddenly backed out stating since I was the one who proposed this project to Kala Bhavana, therefore they won't take any responsibilities involved in this project.It was being told to me earlier that the fund can be decided upon once I start the project and when the total budget is fixed. I was not promised a full fund though, but definitely a portion, which is possible by the University to bear.
But due to a sudden notice of unavailability of fund for my materials and prototype explorations and many other unfortunate incidents,I decided to change the direction of my project.
So instead of signage design as my final deliverable I am making a virtual tour/exhibition of the space. In this way people would be able to experience a real life feel of the space. The site will also educate them about the history and aesthetics of the sculptures and murals of Kala Bhavana.
The only fortunate thing is that this decision of mine helped me to save most of my research which I have done during month long stay in Santiniketan. I think my research would definitely play a relevant role in this new direction also.
For more details: Please go through my revised brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment